Wednesday, April 22, 2009

confidence!

Those of you that know me know that I'm quite a big fan of sports, 3 in particular: soccer, cricket and f1. I also have a habit of shouting for teams in those respective sports that are particularly frustrating to support. Unbeatable on their day, mediocre on others - Arsenal, McLaren and India.

That said, perhaps the secret of my taste in teams is the fact that I like the underdog or as I sometimes put it, "I live on the pain".

Arsenal's had a strange season so far, horrible for the 1st 3rd, awesome in the middle, now looking slightly unstable on the home stretch... excuses on our countless injuries aside, I still have some hope for us, maybe something is still salvageable from the season. Atleast we've managed to get some respect and belief back tho... 3 games against man u (incl champs league SF) and one against chelsea are the remaining spotlight games of the season, so there'll be more to come from me on those games no doubt.

India's been doing well of late, so I can only assume there's gonna be a big downturn in form (touch wood) come when it's needed - ie WC 2011. lacost -DON'T COST!

McLaren, eish don't get me started. but its still looking like the best season of f1 in a long long time (even tho last two years were amazing with the WDC decided by 1 point, the unpredictability of it all in 2009 and the impending return of the big teams later in the season makes it an awesome prospect!)

Anyway I was up at 5am today to catch the Arsenal Liverpool game, hot daym! 4-4, i couldn't belief! you can read the match report wherever, but I honestly haven't enjoyed a soccer game or and individual performance (ARShavin!) so much in a long time! shite defence from both sides helped, but go check out the highlights, lotsa fun!

I'd probably say something about the IPL and the buzz, but I'll leave that to the others who're actually experiencing it live, in aus theres not much happening wrt IPL, aus is such a fail for live sports, GMT +10 means I miss pretty much everything besides live AFL (aussie football rules) and local rugby games... shmeh =/ (as i say that I see live coverage of aus vs pakistan starting now from dubai, shmeh I think I'd rather watch simpsons reruns on Fox 8 thanks)

anyway, with my usual optimism for all my teams- let em go and own!
I'm quite confidence ^_^


No comments:

Post a Comment