Wednesday, April 22, 2009

a 2AM miracle

It has been about 3 years since the blog title pic was drawn up (mad graffiti skillz! although lacost might disagree), all in the spirit of random inside jokes between friends.

Gone are those varsity days at UCT but we still manage to keep in touch, I’m proposing to change the term MTV-generation to Generation Google. As sad as it may seem that google and the interweb in general makes up our major form of comms these days, what can I say, it’s easy… It just works (to quote a certain Apple Mac lover i know).

I always felt the idea of blogging wouldn’t suit me, I read a couple of blogs daily, but in terms of me writing one, I always felt that I wouldn’t be capable of keeping it up. I’d get lazy and there’re only so many people that’d give a shit about the happenings in my life and how I choose to express them.

Er, back to google, so we set up a group chat on gtalk and we crossed the topic of blogging… whereisbrotha contributor lacost has a rotting blog last updated ages ago (I’d refer you to it, but I figure no one wants to see a personal movie preview for Beowulf).

Maybe it was the 2am pre-voting air that got everyone thinking that it’d be a good idea to get one going (mind you it wasn’t’ 2am for me, I was busy looking for reasons to procrastinate at the office here in Sydney -10am).

Anyway, we figure that it might be an interesting read.

The fact that we all wanna rant and rave about different things will add some variety to the mix. I think u'll find that between wifi, lacost, jedi and me, we'll cover quite a bit.

Plus, in my case atleast, because I’m not doing this for myself alone, maybe I’ll care and put some effort into keeping it going. (hmm, sounds a lot like the effort I put into cooking then). So here we go, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment