Monday, August 29, 2011

Proudly South African

I am a South African and proud of it, but when I see articles like this... a facepalm on behalf of my country just doesn't cut it. Honestly, who opens their browser, points it to Google and then googles... Google. That has gotta be a massive surprise when the first search result comes up. If I were Google, I'd set up a standard page for anyone who googles the term 'Google'. It would look a little something like this...


I'm sure future generations would look upon the person who implements such an idea as a visionary. Meanwhile, it's comforting to know that such morons exist in countries outside Africa, its less comforting to know that most of them are from the USA.






4 comments:

  1. Amusing but I can think of a number of reasons for want to google for google.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might want to find out about Google the company or one of its products and not neccesarry from the about link at the bottom of the page :)

    I suspect its not users pointing to google first before typing google. I would think that its the users typing google in their broswers google search tab to go to the site, rather then typing directly what they want to search for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And these reasons would make it a top10 googled term? Besides, an empty search in your google search tab takes you to Google.

    Stop trying to make excuses for the masses of idiots Rob :)

    ReplyDelete