Saturday, December 11, 2010

Revival


I woke up today morning, switched on the TV only to hear the noise of a group that calls themselves "The Swedish House Mafia" and their single: Miami to Ibiza.

Listening to this new radio hit, I found myself pining for something with more substance and reminded myself of two albums that I've listened to more than any other throughout my post adolescent life: Lifehouse - No Name Face and Jimmy Eat World - Futures.

I appreciate that these aren't everybody's cup of tea, especially because radio and TV swamp us with the commercial billboard topping singles alone and that's all we get to hear. I am traditionally more inclined towards the genres of rock and alternative (and for people that know me, TRANCE! :P). Anyway, if you get a moment and appreciate good lyrics, great messages and sometimes a bit of emoness, have a listen to these two albums, pure gold!

On a related note, I've just got myself tickets to Kings of Leon live at the FNB Stadium (Soccer City for those not over the world cup) in March next year and their new album is well worth a listen if you are like me, more rock/alternative/indie minded. Here's a link to one of their first singles off the album

In other big big news, the elusive BROTHA has been spotted by a regular blog reader, apparently moving up in the world! Glad to see some things stay the same. (Thanks @MKalpee)

Anyway, the year is coming to an end, wishing everyone a safe and blessed festive season with travels, dossing, costing, weddings, partying and anything else you'll be getting up to.

Have you listened to 23 today?

3 comments:

  1. So tell me man, what did you listen to in your pre adolescent life?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it would be wise to remove my car and its plates from your blog.

    ReplyDelete